How can I join the BACP Register?
There are 3 ways to join the BACP Register
- Current BACP Accredited Members, can join the register by clicking on the Join the Register button below, logging in and signing the online terms and conditions
- Current MBACP / Individual Members, who have completed a BACP Accredited Course can join the register by clicking on the Join the Register button below, logging in and signing the online terms and conditions
- Current MBACP / Individual Members, who have passed the Certificate of Proficiency can join the register by clicking on the Join the Register button below, logging in and signing the online terms and condition.
If you meet any of the 3 ways above, you can join the BACP register now by clicking below.
Current BACP Student or Associate Members are not eligible to join the BACP Register, and would need to upgrade to the Individual Member category before looking to become registered.
Deadline to become registered
- MBACP Members need to become registered before April 2016 as this membership category will cease to exist on 1st April 2016
- MBACP Accredited Members need to become registered before April 2016
- Individual Members from the date of joining this membership category are given 24 months in order to become registered.
If you are a current MBACP / Individual Member who has not completed a BACP Accredited course and would like to become registered, then take advantage and book onto a free Certificate of Proficiency
If you are unsure that your course was BACP Accredited, you can view the List of current and previous BACP Accredited Courses which shows current and previous BACP Accredited courses.
Benefits of registered status?
- Joining the register is free!
- Use of the designatory letters 'Registered Member MBACP'
- Your name will be recorded on the BACP Register for Counsellors and Psychotherapists showing you are a registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- You will receive a unique logo that you can use for advertising (letterheads/websites) which would be located in the members area of the BACP website
- Validate the standard of your practice
- Confidence for your employers and clients that you have met the standards for registration
- A certificate showing you are registered, which would be located in the members area of the BACP website.
BACP Registered status is a sign to prospective employers and clients that they can be confident that a registered BACP member adheres to high standards of proficiency and ethical practice. Increasingly employers are expecting applicants to be registered when they are recruiting for counselling posts.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, please call 01455 206390 (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org